Production Release - Include Beta Build is enabled and can't be disabled

telephoneman
telephoneman
Community Member

Hi guys, I've installed production release but it installs Beta builds as well - and I cannot disable that feature. Furthermore I never enabled include beta. Why?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman: What you're describing will be the case with a beta install of 1Password: betas will be enabled in the app. What version do you see in 1Password > About, and what OS are you running? You left that information out of your post.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

oh sorry. Well as it updated now its 7.2 BETA 1 on Mojave
    I have installed on Mojave 7.1.1 downloaded from your website before and did NOT switched on "Include BETA Builds"
    I have 2 macs - both updated to that BETA Release automatically

• @telephoneman,

The behavior you describe is how this is meant to work.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

it installes the BETA although I didn't click "Install Beta"? Why that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@telephoneman: Where did you "click 'Install Beta'"? The website?

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member
    edited September 2018

I didn’t - that’s the point. I just see that this is toggled on and Update was installed although I never clicked that. (Update Settings in 1 password „include beta build“ with the Little ladybeetle

• @telephoneman,

were you perhaps still on a beta build of 7.1 and not the 7.1.1 release version? in the 7.1 series of betas it would show include betas as unchecked even though it was actively checking for betas. in the 7.2 betas it should correctly show that check box checked and not modifiable.

• telephoneman
    telephoneman
    Community Member

maybe I downloaded by accident the 7.1 BETA. But actually the BETA 7.2 works fine for me 😊 So never mind. ;) Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, confusing. Sorry about that! Glad that the current beta is working as expected for you at least. :)

This discussion has been closed.