1PW - Windows 7 - Printout or Export to CSV

Options

I customarily print out my usernames and passwords to hard copy for storage in my safe deposit box. I do this several times a year. Mostly so that if something would have to me, my family would have access to my login credentials at various websites.

If memory serves me correctly, 1PW-4 Windows had a print or export function. It was cumbersome but it is got the job done.

Is there a way for me to export my login information to CSV or other format in 1PW-Windows 7? I use a standalone license.

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 1803
Sync Type: very difficult

Comments

• Hi @bradster62,

Thanks for writing in.

You can select multiple items or select all in the All Items category (right-click or use Control + A to Select All) in the item list in 1Password 7 and right-click on them to select Export. In the Save As dialog that opens up, change the Save As type to comma-separated values (CSV) to get your CSV file or you can use the default text format.

There are some CSV bugs we've found recently where it doesn't separate certain items correctly, so you may see some data misalignment. We will fix it in a future update, it happens more often with Login items that have complex web details fields.

1Password on Windows never had the print support due to security risks that we're not comfortable with. We want to discourage print more than export because people need to know that printing can leave "invisible" traces of the data behind on the disk, printer job/memory, etc. It's better to use an encrypted format (since our format is an open format and there are third party tools that can read it) and include the app installer (or 1Password 7 app folder without installation required) on the USB drive that you can put in the safe deposit box. We are looking into an archival format that doesn't require using our code at all.

This discussion has been closed.