My Firefox Extension for 1Pawword no longer locks after a period of non-use.

Options

In the past after a period of non use it would lock and require the main password to open. Now it is staying open. I tried changing the app "Auto-Lock" to one minute and it locks after 1 minute. The extension remains unlocked. I would prefer that it locks when not in use. Please advise and thanks in advance - David Schaffnit

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Drop Box
Referrer: forum-search:Firefox extension stays unlocked

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Berlin_Dave,

Thank you for reaching out! Since you are using 1Password 4 for Windows, I moved your thread to a relevant 1Password 4 topic, I hope you don't mind.

As for your question, please check if you have a second version of 1Password 7 installed on your computer. If you have, please uninstall it and check if the issue remains. If you don't have 1Password 7 installed, please let me know if Security settings look similar in 1Password 4 on your side:

Also, please tell me what browser you are using. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Berlin_Dave
    Berlin_Dave
    Community Member
    Options

It seems to be working properly again even though I did not make any changes. I do not have 1Password 7 on my computer so that should not be an issue.

Thaniks for your quick reply -

David Schaffnit

• MikeT
    edited September 2018
    Options

Hi @Berlin_Dave,

That's good to hear. Do you recall installing any new software recently that could confuse Windows into thinking there is keyboard/mouse activity when there is? We've seen issues with certain bitcoin mining software that intentionally keeps the system busy with keyboard/mouse activity to prevent sleeping the computer, that also prevents 1Password from locking on its own.

If you see it happen again, try opening up your task manager to see what programs are running, it could be another program causing this issue.

This discussion has been closed.