Date's Off by 1 Day

Hi,
Started to migrate from Dashlane to 1Password and have come across an issue with ALL dates being incorrect by One day.

In the Windows Application my DOB, Passport Issued on & Expiry Date are all off by one day. In the 1Password webpage my DOB, Passport Issued on & Expiry Date it is listed as 1/12/1984 (Correct) but the Windows Application says 2/12/1984 - I can select the 1st but then it changes it to the 2nd.

I have also checked on the iOS app and Macbook App and the date format is correct.
I have checked my regional settings and the short date is set as dd/MM/yyyy. I can provide some screenshots if required.

Any suggestions/fixes are welcome :)

Regards
Ryan

1Password Version: 7.2.576
Extension Version: 1PasswordX V: 1.10.3
OS Version: Windows 10: 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wrwatk,

Thanks for reporting this.

Are you in New Zealand by any chance?

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Happy to help get this resolved and to answer your question Yes I am in New Zealand.
    Sounds like you might be onto something here?

• Hi @wrwatk,

It's a known UI display glitch because of the time zone. All of the date fields are saved internally with 12:01 PM UTC and you live in UTC+12, which technically means it is one day ahead when including UTC calculations. It's a bug in the UI, we're trying to tell it not to do the UTC math when rendering, it should display the date as saved.

This will be fixed in a future update.

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Thanks for the response.
    Any idea when this will be fixed as looking at the forums it's been going on for a while now?

Regards
    Ryan

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @wrwatk,

No timeframe, we're behind because we have performance optimizations we need to make before we can add new features and other improvements. As soon as we are finished with that, we want to clear up our backlog as fast as we can.

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Thanks for the update.
    So what I get from this is tough luck, you'll just need to wait for us as we're busy with other stuff at the moment?
    Not really a solution for customers who pay for the service. I know that NZ is probably a very small problem for you but we do exist and pay for the software and would like it to work as is probably does for the rest of the world.

Regards
    Ryan

• Hi @wrwatk,

So what I get from this is tough luck, you'll just need to wait for us as we're busy with other stuff at the moment?

I'm sorry it sounded like that but that's not the intention; we're not working on something that's not important for everyone. We have to balance our resources and priorities as we cannot work on everything at the same time, we could end up causing more bugs this way.

We will fix this for sure, it's high on our list but it is a long list. It could be fixed next week for all we know but if sometime within the next week that a 1Password crash report come in, we have to focus on fixing that and postpone NZ bug fix a bit. That's where we are at right now, the performance issue is affecting a lot of people and we have to fix it before we do anything else. Yes, you have to wait for us to fix the higher prioritized issues first but we're not saying your issue is not important.

• I'll check to see if we can sneak this in sooner.

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT

Thank you for your honesty, I do appreciate that and fully understand that there may be more pressing issues to deal with.
    Please could you keep me updated as to when this may be fixed or when the fix is available. Apart from that 1password has been fantastic.

Regards
    Ryan

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

@MikeT

Thanks for your help in trying to see if this can be sneaked in sooner :)

• Yes, I will try to update this thread as soon as we have progress on this.

• @wrwatk next beta will have this fix, thanks for reminding us of it!

p.s. NZ is awesome, I hope to come to see it myself one day.

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

@SergeyTheAgile
    Thanks for the update on the fix. please could you let me know when the next beta is due/out?
    NZ is a truly awesome and spectacular country :)

• MikeT
    edited September 2018

Hi @wrwatk,

At the risk of repeating myself, there's no timeframe, we rarely give out any ETA as it will often be wrong.

It will be out when it finish going through internal testings first, the timeline varies due to the complexity of testing various Windows versions and in this case, various locales on each Windows version.

• wrwatk
    wrwatk
    Community Member

@MikeT
    Thanks Mike, looking forward to when the beta and fix arrives.

• Yep, I'll update as soon as the beta is out.

This discussion has been closed.