Not all passwords in vault on Windows only, OK on macOS and iOS

I have been a longtime 1Password user with a family account. I have it installed on 2 Macs (10.13), an iPhone and an iPad (iOS 12), all with latest software. All these devices and 1Password online show 905 items in my vault. I just installed the Windows version of 1Password (7.2.580) at work on Windows 7 Enterprise w/Service Pack 1. I logged into my account with the app and only 872 items are in the vault. When sorted by modified date, there are no items newer than July 2018, but only on the Windows app; the Macs and iOS devices sync and are up to date. As a further piece of information, I used the Windows app to send an old item to the trash and it did send it to the trash on the other platforms, but still missing the most recent items on Windows. Any help appreciated! Thanks, Matt

1Password Version: 7.2.580
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise SP1
Sync Type: 1P Family account

Comments

• Hi @mattl,

Thanks for reporting this. That's very odd, that's the first time I've seen something just stop coming in after a specific date.

If you create a new item in other apps or use https://my.1Password.com with Firefox or Chrome on your PC, does the new item show up?

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• mattl
    mattl
    Community Member

OK, I just sent the diagnostics report. Here's an update:

I created a test item on iOS. It did not sync to Windows.
    I signed out of the app on Windows and signed in again. It took a few minutes for anything to sync and then only 675 or so items synced over to Windows, the latest from May 2017. I logged out of Windows, logged back in and relaunched 1P. Now, the missing recent items have synced, including the test item from a few minutes before. The total count is still way off, however. 906 on Mac and iOS and 732 on Windows. I'm concerned that either some items have not synced (although more recent items now have synced) or that the item count is off. Let me know if you need an updated diagnostics report as the one I sent was before this final (maybe better?) sync.

I won't have access to the Windows machine again until tomorrow, but hope the diagnostic report helps in some way.

Thanks!

Matt

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mattl,

It does indeed sound strange. We have received Diagnostics Reports from your Mac and Windows PC. We will take a closer look and get back to you via email. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: FCY-64266-851

• TrineAndersson
    TrineAndersson
    Community Member

I have the same problem. When I make a new item on my Windows laptop it does not synch with my iPhone and the other way around. But the old items are synchronised. Please let me know if you have any way to solwe it. Very frustrating when I'm usinging it a lot in my work also not at the office..
    BR Trine

• @TrineAndersson: If nothing mentioned here earlier has helped, please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report as well and email it to us at support+windows@1Password.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email. Thanks! :chuffed:

• TrineAndersson
    TrineAndersson
    Community Member

I just send the email. :)

• Hi @TrineAndersson,

We got your email and will reply there. At first glance, your issue is unrelated to the original post here because there are a lot of network issues trying to sync your data.

• mattl
    mattl
    Community Member

My original issue was solved by redoing the log in and waiting until all items synced. It showed zero items until the sync finished, took about 10 minutes and there was no indication that it had not stalled until it finished. I had previously logged in and out of Windows when there was no sign that it was syncing, leading to the incomplete syncs. Thanks for diligent support help via email!

• Hi @mattl,

That is interesting, thank you for sharing that. We'll try to reproduce this and get a fix out soon.

• TrineAndersson
    TrineAndersson
    Community Member

Okay thanks. What is the problem then? I just want it to sync all the time so the new thing I write on my iPhone gets to my computer and backwards.

• MikeT
    edited October 2018

Hi @TrineAndersson,

As I mentioned in my two posts prior to this, Mattl's issue is not related to your issue.

We will address your issue in the email.

This discussion has been closed.