Custom icons from 1P 4.6 to Dropbox, won't show on 1P 7 or iOS

I added a lot of custom icons on the Windows client, version 4.6.2.626, but only a few are displayed on 1P 7 or the iOS app.

I'm using the opvault format.

Is there any way I can make sure they are all synced to all clients/devices?

Here's one example, it's saved on 1P 4 but nothing happens on 1P 7.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Fede777,

Thanks for writing in.

Were you using the OPVault format in 1Password 4 or AgileKeychain? This may be an old bug in 1Password 4 where it didn't save the custom icon to the vault itself but in its local cache only.

• Fede777
    Fede777
    Community Member

Hi, I converted to the OPVault format, and I'm using it in 1P 4, 1P 7 and iOS.

But like I said, some icons are synced, and some are not, and I can't figure out how to get them all to sync.

• MikeT
    edited October 2018

Hi @Fede777,

That's because there's a bug in 1Password 4 that did not save your custom icons to your vault, it's stored in the local 1Password 4 cache, which means it will never be sync'ed as it doesn't exist in your vault itself. We don't have a fix for this at the moment.

1Password 7 does not support adding custom icons to your standalone vaults at this moment either, so there's no way around this yet. Once we implement this feature to 1Password 7, you can add the custom icons to the vault to repair it.

The other icons you see were likely added before the bug appeared or they're not custom icons but rather the Rich Icons downloaded from our service.

• PS: I've moved this thread to our 1Password 4 for Windows forum as this is an issue within 1Password 4 only. It is no longer getting feature features, only security updates.

• Fede777
    Fede777
    Community Member

The weird thing is that I just added them yesterday, and some of them did get synced.

• MikeT
    edited October 2018

Hi @Fede777,

It is specific to the categories; Logins, Secure Notes, Identities won't sync. The Credit Cards, Bank Accounts and Passports, are saved in the vault itself.

This discussion has been closed.