Secure Notes is still very basic for 1Password 7 Windows

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited October 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've just used 1Password 7.2.581 for Windows. I don't create Secure Notes often here but I noticed from 1Password 6.x to 7.2,581, there doesn't appear to be any improvement. I had hoped that I could create a password in Secure Notes but I still cannot from within 1Password 7.

Still no way to attach documents as well?

1Password Version: 1Password 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited October 2018
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Thanks for writing in.

I'm not sure what improvements you're looking for; you can always add the custom password field and attachments to any items; here's me adding an attachment and a custom password field to a Secure Note item:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

I could not see how it was done. Thanks. I might have missed something. I will look again.

• Hi @wkleem,

Scroll down to the first section to add something to create a new field. In Secure Note, you'd see a large empty text field since it is a secure note item, the area to add a new custom field and/or attachment is at the bottom.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Here is what I'm seeing in edit mode.

• Hi @wkleem,

Yep, that looks expected for 1Password accounts, which doesn't have attachments but Document items instead. You have to create a new Document item first, attach the file to it and then in your Secure Note Item, use Link existing button to add that Document item as a related item.

To add a password field, start using the new field to enter the password or as you start typing, you can click the field type button to change it to a custom password field type.

In future updates, we'll add the ability to let you drag a file into any item to automatically create a linked Document item. We already improved the design a bit in the upcoming 7.3 update to let you add a password field first, so that you don't have to enter something first.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for clearing up this matter. I do prefer the first approach. It is more straight forward and consistent with the other platforms like MAC Standalone versions. Or the old 1Password 4 for Windows.

• MikeT
    edited October 2018
    Options

We've always planned to add the drag and drop support. In fact, if you drag a file into the item list, it will create a document item right now. We just haven't implemented the rest of the process for the details view to link it.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited October 2018
    Options

Thank you for the update. Although I am on Windows, with my PC system, performance degraded as it is, I try not to challenge it too much. All my laptops are approaching 10 years old. Other times, I am on my 4” iPhone which has its own limitations.

1Password is a mixture of old and new which for me can be confusing. Until I reformat which, I have put off.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi MikeT

I would like to continue the conversation in email. Support ID is : [#RML-92952-557].

Custom templates is still not in 1Password Standalone, etc.

This discussion has been closed.