Problems after a reinstall

Options

I was running an account based sync vault over 3 machines , Windows 10, ipad and iphone.
Changes made on the Apple machines were being synced to the 1Password server but not the Windows machine.
Changes being made on the Windows machine stayed as offline changes and did not sync to anything.
Uninstalled Windows app and reinstalled new download from the website.
But the app now opens with a Master password request and no way to add an account.
If I fill in an incorrect materpassword it turns red (OK) but if I use my Masterpassword ( which it shouldnt know yet ) it terminates the program.
Obviously something has not been removed during the uninstall.
1. How do I successfully uninstall the program so it loses all knowledge of the previous app and I can then sign in with my account
2. Why the lack of sync in the first place

1Password Version: 7.2.581
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Trif589
    Trif589
    Community Member
    Options

Uninstalled 1password (again!!!)
    Went into Users/"username"/AppData/Local folder.
    Renamed 1password folder to something else.
    Installed 1Password,during which the program asked me to sign into my account. ( a good omen!)
    Program now seems to be running Ok and syncing back to server and then through to the Apple devices.
    Fingers crossed

• @Trif589: You've found the fix I'd have suggested. 1Password for Windows has run into an issue recently where if you sign out of your last account, it won't quite complete the process. It will show you a lock screen even though it has no local data to unlock and crashes when it tries. I'm actually I'm glad you found it on your own. Not only should you now be sorted, but your experience may have brought to light a different way to trigger this issue. Did you sign out of your account before reinstalling? It doesn't sound like it, but better to double-check. :+1:

As for the sync problem, it's tough to say without taking a look at logs, but I suspect a known issue where some meta data is missing which prevents sync. This is something we're working on, but we're still uncertain what triggers it, so if you recall what you did immediately prior to sync stopping, please do share. It would be a great help in getting the issue reproduced and fixed up. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.