Removing/Uninstalling 1Password 4

Hello,

I upgraded my Windows 10 from 1P 4 (standalone) to the monthly subscription, and therefore 1P 7 was installed. Seems to be working great!

However, 1P 4 is still automatically running, whenever I restart my W10 box.

I'm trying to uninstall/remove 1P 4, but when I go to Add/Remove Programs, only V7 is there.

How can I completely remove 1P 4?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello, @DrDave6 and welcome to the forum! I'm delighted to hear you're enjoying 1Password 7 so far and would be happy to help get rid of 1Password 4. I must admit, Windows 10 continues to perplex me a bit with its myriad ways of accessing things like installed apps, but I have found the following works well:

1. Right-click Start and select Apps & Features.
    2. Here, you should see 1Password 4. It will have a version number, 1Password 7 will not.
    3. Click 1Password 4, then click uninstall.
    4. Reboot and make sure it isn't sticking around.

Let me know if that gets rid of it for you. :chuffed:

• DrDave6
    DrDave6
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. When I go to Apps & features, I do see 1P, but it's version 7, as you will see in the attached.

All other suggestions are appreciated

• @DrDave6: Very strange! Let's try something else:

1. Open Start.
    2. Type 1Password 4 to search.
    3. Right-click 1Password 4 in the search results and select "Uninstall".

Does this work any better?

• DrDave6
    DrDave6
    Community Member

Yes, I did that...but only one 1Password app shows up - version 7.2.581. That's the mystery, there seems no way that i can remove 1P 4.

• @DrDave6: What's giving you the impression 1Password 4 is running? Are you seeing it pop up when you start your PC? Do you see it in running processes? Is the icon in your system tray? I'm not disputing your claims necessarily, but I've not been able to get it not to show up somewhere at the least and it seems your PC is dead convinced it's nowhere to be found.

• DrDave6
    DrDave6
    Community Member

It's in my system tray, and I can open it up and see all my entries, as seen below.

• Hi @DrDave6,

Try this:

1. Exit that 1Password 4 program via File menu > Exit.
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and go to your Program Files (X86) folder, look for 1Password 4, and then open it.
    3. Double-click/open unins000.exe file to run its uninstaller.
    4. Reboot and 1Password 4 should be removed now.
  • DrDave6
    DrDave6
    Community Member

Worked perfectly, and I must say, a bit embarrassing as that's something that I should have checked for.

I noticed too that 1P 7 is now showing up in my system tray, which it didn't, when 1P 4 was running.

Thank you - both - for your help.

• You're welcome, I'm glad that helped and 1Password 7 is working better.

This discussion has been closed.