upgraded to mojave and 1password is unexpectedly quitting

I upgraded to Mojave on my Macbook pro and this is what I'm getting as a report:

Process: 1Password [738]
Path: /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/MacOS/1Password
Identifier: ws.agile.1Password
Version: 3.8.22 (32010)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: 1Password [738]
User ID: 502

Date/Time: 2018-10-28 10:38:15.586 -0700
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.14 (18A391)
Report Version: 12

(... system ID info about me I have deleted on purpose)...

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:upgraded to mojave and 1password is unexpectedly quitting

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Tatsugirl! 1Password 3 for Mac is a very old version of 1Password at this point (first released November 2009!). It will no longer work and is no longer supported in macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”). You'll need to upgrade to the current version, 1Password 7 for Mac, which works very well with Mojave. To do this, however, you'll need to follow these instructions carefully to make sure you can migrate the data successfully. Let us know if you have any questions.

• Tatsugirl
    Tatsugirl
    Community Member

Hi there Lars, thanks for responding. I'm concerned as I'm part of a family plan "owned" by an ex bf who I don't really want to have to contact to get into the account further to transfer my data Is there a way to do this without contacting him?

• Tatsugirl
    Tatsugirl
    Community Member

Hi lars, I followed your instructions and voila! it worked! the only lingering question is the extension you mention as the last step, i couldn't find that when clicking on the link. can you tell me what it does, why i need it (as I can now access my 1 password data, yay!) and also - does my original post at the beginning of this thread have identifying information hackers may use to get into my passwords? I got a notification last night someone was trying to get into my paypal account from 3000 miles away. Could they have seen this post and harvested information? I've asked the folks on your help desk to take the post down. Please advise

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Tatsugirl - you won't have the extension (probably) in your current setup, because an extension that old cannot be installed into macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) anyway, so it may not be relevant for you. The only reason/time it's important is if there were unsynced items from the old 1Password 3 for Mac extension...but because a) you say you can see your data and b) you discarded that extension anyway when you upgraded to Mojave (if not earlier), I don't think it matters in this case.

No, nothing in your post above will be usable to anyone who wishes you harm. Honestly, I hesitate to say this because obviously I don't know your situation, but you did mention an ex-boyfriend. It's much more likely that someone like that - if you ended on angry terms - might be looking to hack an account of yours, than that this is simply random. Either could be the case, of course, but, well, just thought I'd mention that. You might wish to change your PayPal password and enable 2FA if you think someone like that who might know some if not all the details about your accounts might be trying to sign in as you. Let us know if you have any more questions.

This discussion has been closed.