data loss after OPVault conversion

Options

We have lost some data, possibly during the OPVault conversion. So far we have noticed data loss in the wallet; credit card info, passport, and social security numbers.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Home V1803
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:data loss after OPVault conversion

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mmiller0112: Can you clarify? 1Password for Windows version 4 does not have an OPVault conversion process, so it would be helpful to know what you did exactly. With some details, I'm sure we can get you sorted. :)

• mmiller0112
    mmiller0112
    Community Member
    Options

What details do you need? I am running 1Password on a home PC, 2 Androids, and 2 iPads. I recently updated the Androids to V7.0.6, 1 iPad is 7.2.1, the other is 6.9.1 (this is an older iPad that will not upgrade to latest IOS). We use DropBox to sync via OPVault.

• MikeT
    edited November 2018
    Options

Hi @mmiller0112,

Where did you originally convert the OPVault? Was it on your Android device that prompted to upgrade your keychain?

What's missing if you can be more specific, is it showing credit card items with no data in it or no credit card items at all?

1Password 4 doesn't support converting to OPVault, that's why we're trying to pinpoint where you originally did it because it may be a bug in that specific version. Keep in mind that 1Password 4 is an older version that while it can read OPVault format, it does not list tags in the sidebar as 1Password 7 apps are designed to only support tags. We have 1Password 7 for Windows that's designed with OPVault in mind.

• mmiller0112
    mmiller0112
    Community Member
    Options

Can you refer to [#ZDI-68999-596] for background? I probably have devices behind in updates. Should I update to 1Password7 for Windows?

The missing data seems to be the details of items, not missing items.

• MikeT
    edited November 2018
    Options

Ok, that sounds like an issue with the Android app not able to convert legacy items from a very old keychain you had. Sebastian will help with that process via email.

We generally recommend that you convert it on the PC with 1Password 7 first and then update other 1Password apps.

ref: ZDI-68999-596

This discussion has been closed.