Does 1Password supports Microsoft Active Directory?

Options
asaputra
asaputra
Community Member
edited November 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello, I am interested with 1Password feature and wondering if it's the correct solution for our business needs. I'm wondering if 1Password can be used to keep the login information as well as help users to securely login without having to type their account password to a Windows computer using Active Directory account. Is such feature exist?
Also, I want to know is there any way for 1Password to regularly changing the password? (as you know in a case with Active Directory, typically there are password retention period where it must be changed after some period of time)
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place. Thanks in advance for the answers :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @asaputra,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password cannot replace the Windows authentication service; it is not that kind of authentication provider. It is a standalone password manager to help you manage your passwords and other wallet-related information, it also integrates with your browsers using browser extensions to fill/save your data but it cannot be used to replace the way you log into your Windows account and it does not integrate with Active Directory.

1Password does not have an automatic password changer, we're opposed to that idea as a security risk and it is not sustainable.

We do support using Azure Active Directory to create 1Password accounts automatically for your employees using the SCIM tool here: https://support.1password.com/scim-azure-ad/

This discussion has been closed.