Changing an Item to a different type

Hi, I am a new user, and have just imported my data from KeePass to 1Password, on my Mac, Android Phone, and a Windows Machine, using Dropbox. My small problem is that the import put all of the items into the Type "Login". Can I move them to a different type, for ease of use, and how do I make that happen?

Thanks,

Larry

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Larry!

1Password for Windows imports only Login items; 1Password for Mac imports Login items and Secure Note items (in separate actions).

I'm sorry to say that there's no way to "move" an item from one vault to another, as the vaults are only representations of the inherent types of items. Each item has a specific type (the vault it appears in), and those items are significantly different. We'd love to be able to add this "movability" in a some future version; but it will require a change to the core architecture that will need to be rolled out on all our supported platforms virtually simultaneously, so I can't offer any information about when such a major change might become available.

The current process is to create a new item of the desired type, copy and paste information from the existing item to the new item, and then optionally delete the old item.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
This discussion has been closed.