how to ensure 2 CPU's sync

how /what do i need to do to make sure the data on two CPU's are in sync. i have a personal account, not family

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: WIN10
Sync Type: unknown

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@djmares: Just to make sure we're on the same page, you will only have an account if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. There's no sync configuration involved with that: you just sign into your account on each device to access your data.

If, however, you're using 1Password as a standalone app, without a membership, you'll need to configure sync on each of your devices:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

Either way, let me know the specifics and I'll be happy to help. :)

• djmares
    djmares
    Community Member

have both setup. because i imported old version 4 data, apparently now i have two vaults. the membership vault and the one labeled 1password which is local. however, i already have sync enabled, but it does not show what folder the items are currently synced to. how do i determine what folder they are located. based on past experience with version 4, i know how to find them, just want confirmation form you folks that i'm working in the correct location.

• Hi @djmares,

Open 1Password 7, unlock, and click the vault switcher on top left. Right-click the vault to select Reveal folder in Explorer or just hover over it to see the location in the tooltip like so:

We are planning to add a dedicated vault settings view to our Settings area, so you can see and manage everything about your vault in there.

This discussion has been closed.