How can I sync 1Password Pro with DropBox?

martiko
martiko
Community Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi,
after testing 1Password Beta for Windows, I now bought and installed 1Password Pro on my iPhone.

As there is currently no sync between 1Password Win and 1Password iPhone, I wanted to use Dropbox (where I already stored my 1Password Windows-Database).

Now I expected that 1Password Pro iPhone would ask me wether to create/use a local database or to connect do DropBox. Unfortunatels, this did not happen and even afterwards I dont't find any settings to configure 1Password Pro to use DropBox.

Is this really not possible, or how can I enable this?

Thanks in advance,
martiko

Comments

• Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    Welcome to the forums, martiko.

martiko wrote:
    Is this really not possible, or how can I enable this?

This is not currently possible, but we're working on it. I don't have a timeframe for you, but we are currently testing this and hope to submit an update to Apple soon.
  • martiko
    martiko
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi,
    thank you for your quick response, even so it's a pitty that it is currently not possible.

Will it also be possible to sync 1Password iPhone directly with 1Password Windows (Beta/Final) in the next Version? I only wanted to use DropBox as a workaround as this direct Sync is currently not possible (which as I learned now is currently not an option either).

I must admit that I am a bit dissapointed as 1Password Pro is up to now the most expenensive App i bought for my iPhone and I have no chance to sync it with my desktop. I really don't want to enter all my passwords etc. twice (especially not on the iPhone where it's rather cumbersome).

So I really hope that you release a working solution soon!
  • macpug
    macpug
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi martiko, we're sorry to disappoint you. We certainly don't ever like for our customers to be disappointed. As Gita said, we're currently testing this now, so hopefully it won't be too long. As for a timeframe, I can't say for sure. I'd rather under-promise and over-deliver, that way if it comes sooner than expected, you'll be thrilled :)

We do appreciate that you had faith in us when you purchased 1Password Pro, and we are certainly working hard to make sure that the result is worth it for you.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to work on getting this ready. Cheers!
  • Nik
    Nik
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 1969
    martiko wrote:
    Will it also be possible to sync 1Password iPhone directly with 1Password Windows (Beta/Final) in the next Version?

Not at this time, I'm sorry. 1Password beta for Windows does not have a sync option right now. Your best bet will be Dropbox sync. To support this, some changes need to be made in 1Password beta for Windows, which we hope to get done soon.
  • martiko
    martiko
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    As I found out today, the new 1Password Pro for iPhone is out (and a new Beta for Windows as well).

The good news is, that it includes the DropBox-Sync feature (as promised).

The bad news is, that... it does not work or to be more specific it does not work as it should:

1. I enabled the DropBox sync to access the keychain I already placed there with mit Windows Beta Version (including up to now only 2 test-entries)
    2. I get no errors, Sync seems to be working (so Masterpassword etc. should be correct)... but...
    3. the two entries created on my PC do not appear on my iPhone...
    4. I created a new entry on my iPhone and synced it with DropBox (on my PC I even get a message that new DropBox elements are available)
    5. Unfortunately, in 1Password on my PC I don't see the new entry created on my iPhone...

When I searched the forum, I fould a short description how to solve problems, which I performed (delete 1password pro from iPhone, delete 1Password Folder&Files from DropBox etc..). After finally having setup all again, is again works (or rather does not work) as described above...

It seems as if both iPhone and PC Version are syncing with DropBox but not the same Keychain but two seperate Keychains in parallel...

Any idea what the problem is and how I can solve it?
  • mazo
    edited July 2010
    S problem here! Seems like iPhone and iPW on the Mac sync separately. All attempts to fix this with deinstall/reinstall/etc. failed.
    Any ideas?

EDIT: New situation: Logins created on the iPhone appear on the Mac. But not the other way.
  • tovolkmar
    edited December 1969
    Same problem here. The data don't get synced from the Mac to the iPhone
  • martiko
    martiko
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hello Agile-Support?

Is this a known problem? Are you working on a solution? Or do you have any hints how to avoid this issue with the current version?
  • martiko
    martiko
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Next Test failed also...

I installed 1Password Pro also on my iPad, guess what... DropBox sync can be enabled without any problem, but... it neither syncs with my PC data nor with my iPhone data... so I obviously got a THIRD keychain in my DropBox account.

If the DropBox sync only works for the device on which it has been created, it's absolutely useless, then I can better store my data locally ;-)
  • matthias.link.77
    matthias.link.77
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi,

same issue here. Seems like the iPhone is creating a 1PasswordSync folder in the Dropbox-Root anyway.

It does not detect the folder already being copied to Dropbox, even if the name of the folder is 100 % identically.

You can watch 1Password for iPhone create a "1PasswordSync (1)" folder, syncing to that folder and not using the already copied files on Dropbox.

Please! Make this thing work - it should be absolutely GREAT when it's done :-))

Best regards,
    Matt.
  • martiko
    martiko
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Still no answer from Agile... this is frustrating!
  • martiko
    martiko
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Obviously, the support in this forum has been (nearly) discontinued...

So I reported this problem again in the new support forum, see here

Probably it helps if all users with the same problem add their concern there, so that it hopefully gets solved soon...
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    There is a bug release that has been submitted to apple. I cant mention specifics on the win version as I don't use it. There are various other posts here in the forums about it.

Also thanks for adding it to the new forum. I am a stickler for what I know the other forum will take me a little bit to get use to.
  • NovaScotian
    NovaScotian
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    Hey, Tommy;

It really is a bind to have two forums. Like you, I'm used to this one but can get used to the other. What I don't like is having to look at both to find out what's going on. Agile should choose one and put a redirect in the other. In order not to lose the archival posts on one or the other, all that's needed is a link.
This discussion has been closed.