It keeps shutting down after I enter my master password?

My 1Password keeps shutting down after I enter my master password. I have rebooted my computer, checked and have the latest IOS Mojave, 1Password is up to date, there is no malware on my computer, and I am running on a MacBook Pro 2017.

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (Build 32010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave 10.14.2
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:It keeps shutting down when I put my master password in

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @mikebenson! I hope you don't mind, I've moved your question to the 1Password 3 and 4 for Mac forum, as the main Mac forum is for the current version of 1Password, which is version 7.

That might give you enough information to know what I'm going to say next, which is that 1Password 3 for Mac is a VERY old version of 1Password at this point, and it will not work on macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) at all, really. It was a wonderful piece of software in its day...but that day was ten years ago (I can't believe it either, but version 3.0.0 was first released in 2009). If you're planning to continue using 1Password, it's time for an upgrade. And a lot has happened since the days of 1Password 3 for Mac. There are currently two ways to use 1Password:

With a 1Password account:

• You sign up for an account at the main 1Password  sign-up page.
    • Your subscription includes the 1Password apps across all platforms, with all updates and upgrades for as long as your account is active.
    • Once you sign in to your account in 1Password on a new device, all of your data is instantly available - no need to set up third-party sync.

As a standalone product:

• You purchase licenses for each platform separately.
    • These licenses include all in-version updates, but a major version upgrade (such as 1Password 7) may require a paid upgrade.
    • You create local 1Password vaults, and if you like, choose how to sync your data. You can set up sync using a third party service (like Dropbox or iCloud.) If you do not set up sync, your data will remain only on your device.

1Password accounts also include access to your data via a web browser, and per-item backups so you always have a safe copy of your data off of your devices, and can roll back to a previous version of an item if a change is accidentally made.

Either way, you'll need to take a little care in upgrading from a version that old, but you should be OK if you follow those instructions. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

• mikebenson
    mikebenson
    Community Member

Thank you I will upgrade!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mikebenson - great! One note: if you plan to go the standalone license route, you'll need to download directly from our downloads page, as we no longer sell a standalone version via the Mac App Store. Let us know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.