Chrome extension opens new window instead of tab

Options

Until recently, 1Password in Chrome would open sites in a new tab. In the past week or so, it has started opening sites in a completely new window. I can't find a setting to change this behavior. I've tried restarting the 1Password Helper, and disabling and re-enabling the 1Password extension in Chrome, but neither action fixed the problem. (Windows 7, Chrome 34.0.1847.131 m, 1Password Chrome extension 3.9.21.90)

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

1Password 1 for Windows leaves it to the browser to determine whether to open pages in new tabs or new windows, but I'm unable to find a setting in Chrome, either. :/

One alternative is to switch to 1Password 4 for Windows, currently in beta development, by signing up here: https://agilebits.com/beta_signups/winnewsletter.html

The extensions included with 1Password 4 for Windows allow you to choose how you want the pages to open: same tab, new tab, or new window.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

@ranilev‌ @DBrown here's how to switch between "new window" and "new tab"

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks! That had scrolled up under the title bar, and I'd completely missed it.

• ranilev
    ranilev
    Community Member
    Options

That option isn't available for me.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry for the confusion, @ranilev. It doesn't look clickable in the UI—because it also scrolls up under the title bar, I keep forgetting it's there. :(

See where it says Open Login In New Window in your screen shot?

Click on that to see the label change to Open Login in New Tab and Open Login in Current Tab.

• ranilev
    ranilev
    Community Member
    Options

Ok - got it. Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad to help!

I apologize again for my earlier error.

This discussion has been closed.