just downloaded 1passport6 windows10. where is the data stored? and how does it synch to my phone?

Options

Where is the data file stored? I need to move it to a secure folder. Then how does it synch to my phone? Is the data on my laptop or in the cloud?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @geoff_shutt,

Thanks for writing in.

At the moment, 1Password 6 for Windows is to be used with 1Password.com subscriptions but it does have read-only sync with Dropbox, OneDrive and a local folder. If you need local sync, you have to use 1Password 4 for Windows instead and we will add full support for it to 1Password 6 later.

For the 1Password.com subscriptions, your encrypted 1Password data would be syncing to our servers and a local copy of the encrypted data will be on disk as well, so you don't have to be online. As soon as you sign into your 1Password.com account on your phone, your 1Password data will show up right away.

Where is the data file stored?

The local internal database is stored in the %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\data directory. This is not something you should be moving around as it is not the folder that is being sync'ed and is stored on your disk.

You don't need to move it to a secure folder as your 1Password data is always encrypted at rest.

This discussion has been closed.