I decided to try 1Password Personal Account again after purchase and using 1Password 4 and the Apps for a long time.
I created my 1Password Personal Account on my iPhone and the registration setup was fine, I vertified and created my account without any issues.
- But then, after I moved my data to 1Password Account Cloud and selected delete my old files the app crashed. But that's okay, it's Beta so that's fine. But when I opened the app again, I was not asked to try again to remove my old vaults and I needed to do that on my own.
- Then I searched for the windows installation and downloaded it. After starting the setup just by double-click it, the installer tried to install 1Password not in C:\Program Files, but in some folder from my own account. Certainly it missing the admin rights, but it also never requested it.
- As I already tried 1Password 6 in the past, some old vaults where stored on my computer and I was welcomed with the password-type-in-screen without have a chance to switch it a other vaults
- After removing the old vaults manually I could finally see the Welcome Screen with the fields I need to type in my information. The first one was the URL of my 1password account. But which URL? I never used ony before and I have no idea which one I should use. 1Password 6 suggest that I should type in my username, an other thing I never created before and so I was confused. (I used now my.1password.com)
- 1Password 6 give me also the option to use a QR Code, unfortunately I didn't find any QR Code anywhere so I'm not sure how to use it.
- Then I needed to type in my Secret Code. But where is it? I never heard from this either in the sign-up process. After som researching I found out that it was saved on my 1Password Vaults on my iPhone so I could read it there.
- Now I tried to include beta update into the auto update functions and I need to type in my email address (and probaly my password) manually. Couldn't that be fill up by 1Password self?
1Password Version: 6.x
Extension Version: -
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: 1Password