1Password from Windows Store not working? [Still need the desktop version of 1Password installed]

Options
Yo_Ayo
Yo_Ayo
Community Member
edited October 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello 1Password Team,

I just got a new computer so I thought I would give 1Password UWP App from the Windows Store a shot. My first redflag should have been there haven't been any reviews since 2016... Suffice it to say there are issues... and I thought I should let someone know in case this hasn't been addressed yet.

All I've done so far is to install the app and then log off and log back on and I get the same result. I've attached some screenshots (see below). Please let me know if I should add anymore detail to help solve this.

Thanks,
Ayo

1Password Version: 6.8.461.0
Extension Version: 4.6.12.1
OS Version: Windows 10.1703
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• Yo_Ayo
    Yo_Ayo
    Community Member
    Options

My fault guys. I thought the UWP app would be the 1Password application after reading further I found its just the 1Password Extension. I'll install 1Password right now.

Thanks,
    Ayo

• MikeT
    edited October 2017
    Options

Hi @Yo_Ayo,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, we have plans to update the initial launch window you saw to explain that it is only the extension for Edge that is installed and the desktop version of 1Password is still required to work with the extension.

• luisalejandro_cc
    luisalejandro_cc
    Community Member
    Options

Same issue here. Is it the windows store version not supported anymore ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luisalejandro_cc: Sorry for the confusion there! The "Windows Store version" of 1Password is, in fact, our Edge extension. That is very much supported, but to function it does require the 1Password 6 desktop app, as mentioned above. That's included in a 1Password.com membership, and you can download it from our website. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luisalejandro_cc, 1Password extension for Microsoft Edge, which is now available in Microsoft Store, requires 1Password app to communicate with. Please follow the steps in this guide to set it up:

Get the 1Password apps (Windows)

Could you please give it a try and let us know if it works for you after that? Thank you!

• luisalejandro_cc
    luisalejandro_cc
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I’ll try. Thanks for the explanation.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options
This discussion has been closed.