Cannot open 1password thru chrome plugin on my win10 pc. Chrome browser stays open, cannot reduce it

Options

Since today I have a problem with chrome and 1password extension. When I open chrome browser an try to login 1password, nothing happend. No login mask shows up. A further problem, trying to reduce browser window by clicking on the right side, lower corner, It close and open again. Even other application, I can open it, but chrome browser pops up.

I de/-reinstall chrome, the extension still the same problem. When I deinstall 1password extension everything works fine.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.625
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: Win10 (latest patch)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2018
    Options

Hi there @mschnyde,

Thank you for contacting us!

This is a known issue in 1Password 4. Please do the following to fix it:

1. Quit Chrome and 1Password
    2. In Windows Explorer, enter %localappdata%\AgileBits in the address bar and press return.
    3. In the resulting folder, you should see a file named OPX4.auth. Delete this file.
    4. Restart your PC.
    5. Open the main 1Password app and go to the Help Menu > Advanced > Use Native Messaging.
    6. Restart your web browsers and let us know if the issue remains after that.

Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• mschnyde
    mschnyde
    Community Member
    Options

It works. :) :)

• @mschnyde: Glad Greg's solution was able to get you squared away. Let us know if we can do anything else to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.