How to switch back from Beta to Non-Beta?

Options

I've apparently been running the beta's of the macOS 1Password 8 for awhile. I should clarify I installed from the non-beta but apparently turned on "beta channel" in advanced for updates. If I want to go back to non-beta, is switching that back to "Production" what will get me back on the non-beta once the next non-beta is released? I tried reinstalling from website but it says I've been running a newer version and can't use that version. In all honesty, I want the non-beta version back just for the prettier icon. :P Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @volcom45

Yes, switching the release channel in the Advanced tab of Preferences is all you need to do to change from Beta to Production. When the next Production update is available, 1Password will download that and install it, which will also change over your Dock icon. :)

Installing the Production version over the top by downloading it from the website will run into database errors, like the one you saw. If you want to force the change from Beta to Production right now, you can install the Production version from our website, then reset 1Password on your Mac to delete the local copy of the database and re-sync everything from 1Password.com.

If you're OK to wait until the next Production update, that's the easier and safer way to do it. Let me know if you run into any trouble or would like any more help. :)

— Grey

• volcom45
    volcom45
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks man. :) I’ll just wait it out haha

• @volcom45 – Probably best! If you'd been having trouble with the Beta version, I'd lean more heavily on resetting it and installing the Production version from our website, but if it's just to change channels, it's so much easier to just wait and let it do it on its own when the time comes. :)

• rdela
    rdela
    Community Member
    edited October 2022
    Options

@GreyM1P I was auto-updated to 1Password for Mac 8.9.7-7 (80907007) Beta from the production download post-install just now. No idea why, unless that happens to all Apple Silicon machines currently?

UPDATE: Opened a separate discussion, Auto-updated to beta from production download post-install

• @rdela – I'll answer that in the other thread to keep things together.

This discussion has been closed.