Both 7 and 8 installed

Options
pinecone
pinecone
Community Member
edited November 2022 in Mac

It appears that I have both 7 and 8 installed on my Mac running Ventura. I discovered this when 7 was somehow launched during a restart. I do not think I altered any data while it was running.

What is the safe way to remove 7? Do they share the same data and do I risk losing data if I remove 1 version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ventura 13.0.1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @pinecone

The following steps will leave any data in place from 1Password 7 and only remove the application.

• Please be mindful to follow the steps below, especially the part about NOT using an app cleaner. They have been known to remove user's data, and we DO NOT want that to happen.
    1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the 1Password 7 helper and select quit "1Password completely".
    • Note: 1Password 8's helper only uses the word "Quit".
    1. Drag 1Password 7 (1Password 6, etc.) from the Applications folder to the Trash 🗑. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac.
    • In the end, the only version that will remain in the Applications folder is "1Password."
This discussion has been closed.