Support community moderation

Options
System
edited May 2023 in Lounge
This discussion was created from comments split from: Support for Orion Browser.

Comments

• DyslexicDog
    DyslexicDog
    Community Member
    Options

I’m a paying 1P customer that uses Orion. I’m concerned by lack of support, unless there’s a good reason. I’m even more concerned by the apparent shadow ban above.

Adding my vote for full Orion browser support for 1P please.

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

@CostcoFanBoyR, I find this really disconcerting.

@Dave_1P can you enlighten the OP and other posters why his account was removed/deactivated?
    Except from stating the fact that 1P does refuse to answer this question, there was nothing insulting nor discriminatory in @CostcoFanBoyR’s (previous @CostcoFanboy) post. There was no reason for his profile to be removed except maybe that someone might have found his persistence annoying.

I truly hope this is a glitch of the system because for a company that says they list to customers and wants to be transparant this is truly concerning. The question he asks is relevant (and has been asked by many others) and has indeed pertinently been stonewalled by 1P staff.

Maybe you guys hope that the annoyance over the lack of transparency about the early acceptance over SigmaOS and Arc but not Orion will blow over when the new version of the browser plugin is released. I’m afraid though that the damage to your customer satisfaction reputation has already been done. I think 1P is a great piece of software, but my love for it is gone. I’m for example not actively promoting 1P anymore and point people to Bitwarden at the moment.

So hopefully you can enlighten us why @CostcoFanBoy profile was deactivated
    And finally have the question answered about why SigmaOS and Arc could be rapidly whitelisted and Orion not.
    Thanks.

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Interestingly so, my post in reply to @CostcoFanboyR was split off to the Lounge section of the forum (where I can’t find it anymore) while it addresses real concerns regarding Orion Support that are not addressed. My positive response to matt.gP1 did stay though. What’s going on 1P.
    https://1password.community/discussion/comment/684927#Comment_684927

• kemmko
    kemmko
    Community Member
    Options

@janpeeters This comment was not only moved to a separate topic, but the new topic was also hidden from the longue category. Best community management I've ever seen.

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info @kemmko, this is appalling I'm going to write to 1P leadership about this Dave Teare and Steve Won.

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Dear community manager(s). You've actively been removing unwelcome (but not insulting nor discriminatory) posts by @CostcoFanBoyR (previously @CostcoFanboy). You also sidelined a post by me, that voiced my concerns, to the Lounge (and made it unavailable through search). I find this not very sustainable community management, so I've written an email about the current way the community is managed to Dave Teare and Steve Won. Let's see where that brings us.

• Dave_1P
    Options

I've split your comments into a new thread so that we don't divert the discussion away from Orion Browser in the other thread.

We don't comment on the specifics of moderation actions on the support community. Please be aware that moderation actions take into account the totality of a user's behaviour and actions which other users may not be aware of or have visibility into.

The purpose of the 1Password support community is as a platform for getting help from 1Password staff and other members of the community. As such, users and comments that are inflammatory or disruptive to that purpose may be subject to moderation.

The use of multiple 1Password.community user accounts, particularly for the purpose of circumventing moderation, is a bannable offense. If any individual is found to have multiple accounts, that individual will be subject to removal from this forum. In the event you have a legitimate need to have multiple accounts, contact us at support@1password.com to discuss those circumstances.

You can find the community rules here: Forum Rules & Reminders - Read before posting — 1Password Support Community

-Dave

• DyslexicDog
    DyslexicDog
    Community Member
    Options

Hey - where has my comment gone?

• DyslexicDog
    DyslexicDog
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

I don't feel I deserve to be lumped into this split thread. I'm a paying member of the 1Password service and I voted for my support for the Orion browser to get 1Password support. I'm not using a duplicate account and will happily prove this.

I voiced my concern with the heavy-handed approach shown as a polite addition to my vote, and I feel that's been justified with my comment being added into here.

I'm disappointed with your decision to move my comments outside of the main thread and would ask that you reinstate it so that the community is aware of my vote to 1Password supporting Orion as a browser.

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

@DyslexicDog

Welcome to the community! 👋 Your comment was split into this thread so that the other thread wouldn't be derailed from its original topic; your comment would have lacked context if left in the other thread removed from the rest of the discussion in this thread. Unfortunately there's no way to split a comment into two using our current forum software. Please feel free to add your feedback regarding Orion browser to the other thread if you wish, I can confirm that I've already noted your comment in our internal tracker and the team is aware of your request. 🙂

-Dave

[edit: Grammar and clarity.]

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    edited May 2023
    Options

Hi @Dave_1P Thanks for your reply. I hope we can continue our dialogue here then.
    I understand your moderation policy. And indeed I do not know how the other user I mentioned was behaving but I’m not sure though that I can agree with you that the discussion was diverting. Let me explain…

The thread is for Orion support. Since Orion it is not supported for a very long time, people ask questions about when it will be supported and why it was not supported. Your colleague Matt has given some insight into the proces towards full support and where the devs are with Secure Settings.

But the (much asked) question “Why SigmaOS and Arc could be rapidly whitelisted and Orion not” has not been answered. As an organizational consultant I know that keeping information from users in times of dismay only makes for people filling in the knowledge gaps with assumptions. So I don’t understand why the answer has categorically not been provided.
    People assume that there is something that 1P thinks people might not like to read so it is keeping it from them.

So, in my opinion at this stage of support for Orion this is a relevant question in the thread in which it was originally posted. Long time 1P users got concerned and voicing their concern (as you have read).

Maybe you would be willing to tell me in this thread why a transparent answer is not being given?

• Dave_1P
    edited May 2023
    Options

@janpeeters

I don't believe that SigmaOS is fully supported at this time either: SigmaOS Browser Support — 1Password Support Community

We don't have any additional information to share about why specific browsers such as Orion, Waterfox, SigmaOS and others may not have made it through the old browser support process before the development team pivoted to working on secure settings. Going forward, secure settings will allow users to use the third-party browser of their choice so that 1Password will no longer act as a gatekeeper preventing folks from using their favourite browser. That's what the team is focused on now.

-Dave

• janpeeters
    janpeeters
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the info @Dave_1P I hope secure settings will be finished soon then.

• Ben
    Options

Me too. Beyond that, let's continue any discussions about Orion support in the original thread. Thanks all.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.