1Password Database could not be backed up after Sonoma update

Options
pan1
pan1
Community Member
edited October 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm on Mac and just upgraded to Sonoma, 1P hasn't given me any problems in years—I'm using 1P6 and I've just received this pop up box:

The 1Password Database could not be backed up. The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSFileHandleOperationException error 1.)

All the posts I see about this error are back from 1P3 or so, so I don't know what the problem can be.

I've already tried to reinstall from a previous backup, but this didn't fix things. I've also re-established a Vault. Any clues?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sonoma 14.0
Browser: Safari

Comments

• Hello @pan1! 👋

I'm sorry that you're running into an error message when using 1Password 6 on your Mac. 1Password 6 is no longer supported, it received its last update in 2018 and hasn't been tested with macOS Sonoma.

That being said, the team and I will try to help as much as possible. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac (use the steps for 1Password 7):

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• pan1
    pan1
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you so much for your help!

[#RQT-46122-174]

• @pan1

Thank you for posting the Support ID. Since I see that you're already discussing the situation with the team over email, I'll close this thread. 🙂

-Dave

ref: RQT-46122-174

This discussion has been closed.