Bulk/Batch remove tags

Options
mr_fixit
mr_fixit
Community Member

I would love to have the ability to add, edit, or delete tags for all selected items.

I see people have asked for this feature, and that you have said it's coming.

Sep-2016,
Feb-2017,
May-2018.

Can you provide a status update?

1Password Version: 8.10.26
Extension Version: 2.19
OS Version: macOS 14.3.1
Browser: Safari, Chrome

Comments

• Hi @mr_fixit šŸ‘‹

Thank you for writing in about the ability to perform bulk actions on tags. I'd like to note that the threads linked to relate to 1Password 7, which is an older version of the 1Password app that is no longer receiving regular updates. 1Password 8 is a brand new experience that has been built from the ground up with some new features that weren't present in 1Password 7.

In 1Password 8, you can add an already created tag to multiple items at once by selecting those items and dragging them to the tag in the sidebar. Additionally, if you right click a tag in the sidebar you can rename the tag for all items it's been added to, as well as remove the tag from all items it's currently added to. You can read more about working with tags in 1Password 8 here: Organize with favorites and tags

I hope that helps. If I've misunderstood your request, I do apologize and would like to ask for some more clarification on the specific features you're looking for. Iā€™m happy to pass along any feedback you may have on how we can improve how tags work in 1Password 8 to our Product team.

-Trevor

• mr_fixit
    mr_fixit
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had visited that help page earlier today, and saw 'To delete a tag, right-click the tag in the sidebar and choose Delete Tag.', but failed to understand 'in the sidebar'. I somehow thought it was talking about 'in an item detail' pane.

Thanks for the feature!

• @mr_fixit

I'm happy that Trevor was able to help. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or feedback in the future. We're here to help. šŸ™‚

-Dave