iOS: Tapping edit on an item will open a previously edited item in certain cases

Options
13»

Comments

• Dave_1P
    Options

@AlphaNexus

Thanks again for taking the time to report the issue. 🙂

-Dave

• sablecougar
    sablecougar
    Community Member
    Options

This is occurring for me every single time I edit a password.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sablecougar

I'm sorry that you're also seeing the issue, our developers are aware of the behaviour. Does the following workaround help:

1. Tap Cancel on the item draft that appears.
    2. Wait 2 seconds.
    3. Fully close the 1Password app: Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch – Apple Support (UK)
    4. Open and unlock the 1Password app.
    5. If you see another draft, repeat steps 1-4 again.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Dave

• sablecougar
    sablecougar
    Community Member
    Options

Each time I do that 1Password reopens in the editing mode for another random password entry in my vault. It’s a constant loop. The only thing I found that allows me to function, is hitting the cancel button, and then immediately reopening and editing the entry I originally wanted to edit. When I do this, it works.

• AlphaNexus
    AlphaNexus
    Community Member
    Options

Bingo. This is what happens to me as well. Dave mentioned that they are working on a fixed. Can’t come fast enough.

• cffoh
    cffoh
    Community Member
    Options

They have, unfortunately, been working on a fix for this issue for far longer than it should have taken.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@sablecougar, @AlphaNexus, and @cffoh

A previous update contained fixes that fixed a previous editing issue but a different issue with very similar symptoms is still being investigated.

While I don't have an ETA on when a fix will be released, for now using the workaround I mentioned above is the best option. If the workaround doesn't help then it's possible that the issue you're seeing is slightly different, in that case I'd like to request that you send in a diagnostics report so that the team can take a look:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (iOS)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• tps1004
    tps1004
    Community Member
    Options

Also experiencing this and have for a good while.

• Dave_1P
    Options

@tps1004

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, our developers are working on the issue. Does the workaround that I posted earlier in the thread help? You can find it here.

-Dave

ref: dev/core/core#28720