1Password BETA Constant Crash on Android

Options
loggor
loggor
Community Member

The current build on the Store is crashing when the app attempts to prompt for the fingerprint unlock. I need to kill the app and open it again to get it working, otherwise, it keeps crashing.

It has happened multiple times since last night (after I updated the app via Store) and on multiple websites.
I'm on a Samsung S23 Ultra up to date and was using Brave Browser.

1Password Version: 8.10.32
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser: Not Provided

Comments

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

Some additional info. I go to a website for login, the suggestion appears in Samsung's keyboard context, then when I click the suggested login, everything crashes. If I manually kill the 1P process and try again it works. If I insist without killing the process, eventually Android sends a message like "1Password continues to crash" (not with those exact words)...

• Dave_1P
    Options

Hello @loggor! 👋

I'm sorry that 1Password is crashing on your Samsung S23 Ultra. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

Please send the entire file.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

-Dave

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

@Dave_1P

BKG-68583-114

Btw check if it's not related to this other problem I have though this one happens after I use the biometric unlock, while the new (crashing) happens before the biometric unlock.

• MH58
    MH58
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar problem on my Pixel 8 pro except it crashes after selecting the login item. If I force stop the 1P app eventually Android reports the app has crashed offering app info or close app options.

• dserodio
    dserodio
    Community Member
    edited April 26
    Options

I'm having the same problem on a Galaxy S23+. I just sent the diagnostics report, ticket ID VWT-96989-877

• Brizee
    Brizee
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on MH58's repro on Pixel 7 Pro
    Looks like no one with those steps/a Google device has submitted a diagnostic yet so fired in another.

SAX-64974-675

• brianlloyd
    brianlloyd
    Community Member
    Options

JIV-49187-531

Samsung S22

• hanzh
    hanzh
    Community Member
    Options

Same on S20. Try disable "Show passkey suggestions" in Autofill. Mine nerver crashed again after this option is off.

• loggor
    loggor
    Community Member
    Options

I moved back to Stable. 1P Beta on Android is very unstable these days.

• drekula
    drekula
    Community Member
    edited April 30
    Options

Confirming @hanzh suggestion to disable "show passkey suggestions" in AutoFill resolves the issue for Chrome and other apps. I'm using Pixel 7 Pro.