1Password in menu bar pop-down

loyed
loyed
Community Member

I recently upgraded to subscription and a family plan so my Macs where updated.

This new version is missing one one of the more useful things.

Before when you clicked the 1Password key in the Mac menu bar a window would "pop-down" but still be attached to the menu bar. Now it drops down in the center of the screen.

**How can I get that pop-down from the menu bar back?
Before there was a little ANCHOR icon when searching out of the menubar that I could click that would hold that little pop-down results and keep it floating above all other windows. That's missing.

**How can I get that anchor back to keep a pop-down window floating so it doesn't go behind other windows as I try to copy/paste out of it?
Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@loyed - sorry for the confusion. New version, new features. :)

Before when you clicked the 1Password key in the Mac menu bar a window would "pop-down" but still be attached to the menu bar. Now it drops down in the center of the screen.

**How can I get that pop-down from the menu bar back?

You can't, not in the way it used to be. 1Password 7 for Mac now is a global pop-up, not limited to your browser, so clicking either the browser extension icon or the mini in your Mac's menubar gives you a global pop-up that will be used in the future to fill into apps other than your browser. However, if you prefer the style of drop-down that you had before, the mini will remember its screen position. That means you can drag it to whatever position on the screen you wish and it should remember and reappear at that location the next time you invoke it (until restarting your Mac). If you drag it up to the top of the screen under the 1Password mini icon, the effect will be essentially the same. Hope that's helpful. :)

Before there was a little ANCHOR icon when searching out of the menubar that I could click that would hold that little pop-down results and keep it floating above all other windows. That's missing.

It's not, it just doesn't use the anchor symbol any longer. Instead, it uses this icon to accomplish pinning the item:

Hope that helps! :)

• loyed
    loyed
    Community Member

That's great, thank you.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@loyed - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to assist, and feel free to drop by if you have any further questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.