My master password logs me in to the apps, but not over the browser

Jim_Cook
Jim_Cook
Community Member

I can log into my Mac app using my master password, but when use my recovery key + pwd on internet I get 'wrong credentials' message. When I try to change my pwd from preferences/security in the mac app I also can't chnage it because i get 'incorrect master password' message...even though i've logged in using the same pwd.

1Password Version: 7.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:master password issue

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Jim_Cook - I'm sorry for the trouble! It sounds as if, when you created your 1password.com account, you held onto your existing standalone vaults ("Primary"). Can you check in 1Password for Mac under Preferences > Vaults and see what you have there? If you see a vault called "Primary," then you've never stopped using that as the Master Password for the local app. When you created your 1password.com account, you would've been asked to give it a Master Password which could have been but did not have to be the same as the one you were already using in your standalone setup. If you used a different Master Password for your 1password.com account and also didn't remove your older Primary vault from within your 1Password apps, then you've been using your old Master Password all this time. Let me know if that's the case.

This discussion has been closed.