1Password Hangs When I Type My Password

Options
MrLibraryMan
MrLibraryMan
Community Member

What do I have to do to eliminate the "hanging" or delay in opening my 1Password on my iMac after I type in my one password? It usually take a bout a minute or more for 1Password to unlock. I'm using Safari version 12.0.2 and 1Password 6 version 6.8.9. Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrLibraryMan
    MrLibraryMan
    Community Member
    Options

The 1Password Extension version is 4.7.3.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrLibraryMan - it's difficult to say without a little more information and/or a closer look at things. Does this delay happen when launching the main 1Password app -- or are you clicking the extension button or the 1Password mini in your Mac's toolbar? Does it happen every time you unlock 1Password, or only after a restart?

• MrLibraryMan
    MrLibraryMan
    Community Member
    Options

Lars, it happens when I hit the button in the top Safari menu bar ~95% of the time, usually when I haven’t been needing the use of 1Password. When I hit the icon in the dock, it sometimes delays the opening of the app as well.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrLibraryMan - So, I'm not sure what might be causing this issue, but I'd recommend you quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and then delete/reinstall 1Password. Don't use any app cleaners or uninstallers to do this, as these programs can remove more data than we want them to. Just drag the 1Password app to the Trash, then restart your Mac. Visit our downloads page and scroll down to the "using an older computer?" section, and grab a fresh copy of the 1Password 6 for Mac final version (6.8.9). Run that, and let me know how you get on. :)

• MrLibraryMan
    MrLibraryMan
    Community Member
    Options

That did it, Lars! Everything seems to be OK now. I guess a fresh copy of the app got rid of the gremlins that were causing the problems. Thank you very much, sir!

David

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MrLibraryMan - glad to hear it! :) You're quite welcome.

This discussion has been closed.