PDQ Best Practices and having the master key "installed" so users will not have to type it

Options

hello, I want to push the windows client with pdq deploy. Are there recommended settings / best practices with PDQ deploy? How do I "install" the company master key with the client, so when the user launches 1Password for the first time the master key is already in place and they will not have to fill it in?

Thank you

1Password Version: 1PasswordSetup-7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 and 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:pdq install msi master key

Comments

• ET_SA
    ET_SA
    Community Member
    Options

update. Sry. I should have ask how to have the Sign-in address and secret key already filled in. not the master key. Is there a KB that explains how to deploy the msi so the secret key is already filled in when the users first logs in? thx

• @ET_SA just add this to your script start onepassword://team-account/add?email=name@mycompany.com^&server=mycompany.1password.com to open sign in window and prefill values. Optionally you can add ^&key=A3-XXXX-XXXX to prefill secret key, but keep in mind that any app on this user system can intercept that URL and secret key. If user already has data, then user will have to unlock app before sign in screen becomes visible.

This discussion has been closed.