Hasn't synced to Dropbox for a while. Don't want to resync old passwords. Please help?

mosaito
mosaito
Community Member

If I re-sync to an old dropbox folder, I'm afraid I'm going to wipe my latest passwords with old passwords. Is there a way to erase the old folder and start again?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.3
OS Version: os X 10.14
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Hasn't synced to Dropbox for a while. Don't want to resync old passwords. Please help?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mosaito - If you sync your 1Password for Mac data with a much-older keychain, then yes, you may very well get unpredictable results -- so best to make sure to avoid that. :+1: If you have old OPVaults or Agile Keychains in Dropbox that haven't been used in a while, you can delete them as long as you're sure you won't be needing them in the future. Just open your Dropbox folder on your Mac (or online at www.dropbox.com) and delete the old sync keychains. Alternatively, you can also choose to create a NEW sync keychain from within 1Password for Mac, instead of allowing 1Password to select an existing one. That will give you a fresh OPVault as well -- though it's probably best to get rid of any no-longer-needed keychains, just to avoid confusion.

This discussion has been closed.