How can I specify which browser to launch in 1P7

CanoePaddler
CanoePaddler
Community Member

There are a few sites that do not work using SafarI and I would like to specify an alternate browser (Chrome) for a few of my 1P entries.
Thanks

1Password Version: 7.2.4 Family
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: OS X 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:choose browser

Comments

• Hi CanoePaddler,

1Password uses your system default browser when opening links. You can change the default browser through System Preferences > General > Default web browser (near the middle of the screen).

• CanoePaddler
    CanoePaddler
    Community Member

That seems to be the 'standard answer' for others that have asked similar questions. How many customers would have to request this feature to place it on the feature list for consideration?
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Probably a lot. There isn't a number I can give you, and it's certainly not the only criteria when it comes to the features we add, but it's difficult to justify pulling people away from something else to work on something unless it's a big win as far as doing the most good for a greater number of 1Password users. We get a lot of requests, many for opposite things, and all have to compete for time and energy of developing, testing, and supporting a new feature on an ongoing basis. Food for thought.

• CanoePaddler
    CanoePaddler
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply, my current solution for this is to;
    Safari > Develop > Open Page with > Google Chrome

Cheers,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@CanoePaddler - that sounds like it certainly should work! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.