1Password keyboard shortcut "command\" unresponsive. Auto fill no longer working. Mac OS 10.12.6

trapnell
trapnell
Community Member

1Password no longer prompts to save new passwords. When I look in "Accounts" nothing is there.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: ?
OS Version: OS 10.12.6
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:1Password keyboard shortcut "command\" unresponsive. Auto fill no longer working. Mac OS 10.12.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @trapnell! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please let me know what 1Password browser extension version you are currently using, and what browser this is happening with please? (The version of the browser would also help!)

Thank you :)

• trapnell
    trapnell
    Community Member

extension 6.8.9, but I can't tell if it actually installed. Browse is Safari Version 12.0.3 (12606.4.5.3.1)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the information @trapnell!

If you open the Safari Preferences, do you see your extension there, and is it enabled like in this screenshot?

• trapnell
    trapnell
    Community Member

Nothing there. The installer I downloaded from you said Installation Complete"

• trapnell
    trapnell
    Community Member

It says "No Extensions" in the Extensions window

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@trapnell

It sounds like you haven't installed the browser extension then, and that's why you are not able to fill items anymore. Can you please install the Safari extension from here and see if filling starts working again afterwards?

• trapnell
    trapnell
    Community Member

Hello? Is anyone there?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@trapnell: Yes. :)

• trapnell
    trapnell
    Community Member

Thanks you ag_ana. That solved the problem.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2019

I'm glad to hear that did the trick. On behalf of Ana you're most welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

P.S. You're a couple versions behind on both 1Password and macOS. We'd always recommend keeping up to date with the latest versions of all of your software, but especially 1Password, your operating system, and your web browser.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@trapnell: To clarify, Apple will be getting rid of the old extensions that 1Password 6 used in the near future, so I'd recommend upgrading to 1Password 7. You can get that as part of a 1Password membership. Let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.