To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Membership for PC/Mac/iOS Usage

olmanwinter
olmanwinter
Community Member
edited March 2019 in Memberships

I am really missing using 1Password with Chrome on my PC, so I am considering getting a membership. However, I also use 1Password on my Mac and iPhone. I would like to ensure that everything will work together as I wish, with no conflicts.

Here is what I am working with:

• Mac running El Capitan; 1Password ver. 6.8.9
  • PC currently running Windows 7, but preparing for update to Windows 10; 1Password ver. 4.6.2.626
  • iPhone running iOS 12.0; 1Password ver. 7.2.7
  • I purchased both of the licenses for 1Password 6 for Mac and 1Password 4 for Windows from AgileBits on June 27, 2016. I believe that I am running the non-Pro version on my iPhone.
  • I am syncing to a Dropbox folder.

I assume from the information I have read on your support site that having a membership will allow me to update my PC to 1Password 7.

My biggest concern is if I will be able to continue running 1Password 6.8.9 for an indefinite time on my Mac. I am currently running El Capitan and would prefer not to update to Sierra anytime soon.

Should I have any concerns?

Thanks, Winter Lane

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @olmanwinter!

I assume from the information I have read on your support site that having a membership will allow me to update my PC to 1Password 7.

Yes, you will be able to update to 1Password 7 for Windows if you have a Membership :)

My biggest concern is if I will be able to continue running 1Password 6.8.9 for an indefinite time on my Mac.

You can continue using 1Password 6 on your Mac if you prefer, but also remember that with a Membership, you get the latest version of 1Password on all your devices, not just on Windows. This means that you can upgrade to 1Password 7 on Mac anytime too.

1Password 6 already works with 1Password Memberships so you can certainly use that if you prefer, but you should consider upgrading to 1Password 7 when you get a chance. 1Password is security software, so keeping it up-to-date is good.

I am currently running El Capitan and would prefer not to update to Sierra anytime soon.

When you decide to go for the upgrade, I would recommend not even considering Sierra anymore at this point. Sierra is already 2 years old, and was followed by two more macOS updates, High Sierra and Mojave. When you upgrade, my recommendation is to go directly to the latest macOS Mojave if you can.

I hope this helps!

• olmanwinter
    olmanwinter
    Community Member

Hi Ana,

Thank you for your detailed response. I think you have fully answered all of my questions at this time.

I understand the importance of running up-to-date software and apps. Thus, my upcoming update from Win 7 to 10. However, on my Mac, I am running some older apps that don't play well with more-recent Mac OS.

Best regards, Winter Lane

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@olmanwinter - understood! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.