How can I print a list of my 1Password vault to keep in an actual physical safe. [not recommended]

Options
rgt1938
rgt1938
Community Member
edited April 2019 in Lounge

How can I print a list of my 1Password vault to keep in an actual physical safe. I am 80 years old and to have a written copy of what is on my computer (and available when it's not working right!) - it would be a great help to have a hard copy of the passwords for EVERYTHING regarding connections to others). Hope this makes sense to you. Thanks Royce Thomas ([removed by 1Password staff -- this is a public forum]) my personal email address. Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I print a list of my 1Password vault to keep in an actual physical safe.

Comments

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member
    Options

from your email it appears you use a Mac?

In 1Password, select "All Items" then at the top, select_ File_ and Print...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2019
    Options

Alternatively, you can export data using the desktop app, and then print that. But I do want to be clear that we never recommend taking data out of 1Password, because that isn't at all secure, unless it's to put it right into another encrypted format. It would be better to keep a copy of your Emergency Kit in a fire safe or bank box. That way your actual data is never saved in plain text on your computer or printer (many printers retain everything printed from them almost indefinitely), but will still be accessible to you even if all of your devices are lost, stolen, or destroyed, simply by signing in to your 1Password membership account. :)

This discussion has been closed.