My Chrome extension keeps disconnecting from my 1Password for Mac

kaibcrow
kaibcrow
Community Member

Every week or so I run into an issue that the 1Password chrome extension comes up with an error message telling me I need to install the Chrome extension, I check in chrome extensions however, and it's already showing as installed and reinstalling seems to do nothing. Closing and restarting Chrome and 1Password doesn't either. However restarting my computer usually seems to fix the problem.
Couple of things to note: I do have multiple 1Password vaults, some associated to a company account, some personal. Also, I do log into chrome using the sync with several different accounts and switch between them on a daily basis. Not sure if this has any bearing on the issue or not?

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: Dropbox and 1Password company account
Referrer: forum-search:My Chrome extension keeps disconnecting from my 1Password for Mac

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kaibcrow! Welcome to the forum!

I don't think using multiple sync methods has something to do with this. I would be interested in trying something though: how are you currently quitting 1Password? If you are using the Cmd+Q keyboard shortcut, can you try to Quit 1Password Completely (click on 1Password Mini in the menu bar > click on the Settings icon) instead and see if that helps?

• kaibcrow
    kaibcrow
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_ana - will try that next time I run into the issue as I have just been quitting the app using cmd+Q - will let you know if that helps. Cheers!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @kaibcrow! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.