Mid 2009 Mac / Yosemite viable for Family Subscription?

Options
BradG
BradG
Community Member

I'm a longtime 1Password user looking to get my wife on board and start a family subscription. She has a Mid-2009 13" MacBook Pro running OS 10.10.5

This config should run v6 but the installer won't complete ("Install" button is grayed out). I've installed the v4 Mac-app which works fine but the Chrome extension keeps showing this error:

Cannot Fill Item in Web Browser
Web Browser is connected but its code signature could not be verified. Filling and other features are disabled until this configuration issue is resolved.

I've tried all the trouble-shooting advice to no avail. She can't auto-fill PW entries in Chrome (v73.0.3683.103 up to date, 64bit).

My question is, what's the latest version that she can expect to run, and what features will she be missing if she can go no higher than v4? I would say that browser-integration is vital (I mean, that's what we're here for, right?).

Thanks.

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: to be determined

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @BradG! First of all, thanks for being a long-time 1Password user. 1Password literally would not be where it is today without the early support of long-time users like you, and we're very grateful for it.

For reference, you can find our various system requirements for 1Password here. 1Password 6 for Mac should definitely run on 10.10.5. Due to changes made in the Chrome code signature, earlier versions (though they will install and run correctly) won't work with Chrome because the bundle signature isn't what 1Password expects to see, and so it will refuse to fill. Even if that were not the case or your wife were willing to switch to a browser other than Chrome, she would have a distinctly sub-optimal 1Password experience with a version as old as 1Password 4 for Mac at this point, given its age and increasing incompatibility, not to mention relative lack of features (chief among them, the inability to use a 1password.com account!). Put simply, 1Password 4 for Mac is too old at this point to be used in a current context, and too old to be used with a 1password.com account.

I'm surprised to hear that you're having trouble installing 1Password 6 for Mac on your wife's Mac, however. Have you ever had 1Password installed there in the past? Where did you try installing from -- the Mac App Store, or the version directly from our downloads page, or both? Are you sure you've got 1Password 6 for Mac? The main download on our downloads page will download version 7, which would definitely not install on that Mac -- you'd have to scroll down to the bottom of the page under the "using an older computer" section to find the 6.8.9 download. Can you let me know a bit more detail about specifically what steps you've taken and what the error message you're seeing (if any) looks like? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.