1Password 4 Windows 10 Uninstall Failed

Options

I recently made the decision to upgrade from 1Password 4 (standalone license) to 1Password 7 (subscription model). I was able to successfully create an account, migrate my vault, and install most browser extensions (no IE 11 support is unfortunate). However, when I attempted to uninstall 1Password 4 through Control Panel it didn't work. After a reboot I can see that 1Password 4 is still installed, though it no longer appears in my Programs list. Do you have a series of steps I can take to manually remove the application and all supporting files?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise N
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @derekausk! If you're using Windows 10, it's not Control Panel, but rather Windows start menu > Settings > Apps > (choose 1Password) > Uninstall. Can you try that to see whether it works for you?

• derekausk
    derekausk
    Community Member
    Options

It doesn't show up in the Apps menu. I was able to find the original installation directory in Program Files. The uninstall executable was still there (had to guess which one it was). I was able to run it and successfully uninstall. I'm not sure why it didn't complete the first time. Thanks for the response.

• Ben
    Options

Glad to hear you were able to find a solution. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.