Cannot select more than 1 word by double or triple clicking when editing an entry

Hi Guys,

When editing an entry using the Windows app, the first click in a field selects/highlights the entire text string but then immediately deselects. Double or triple clicking will only select one word of text or one 'chunk' in a URL. This applies to all fields for any kind of entry. It makes it difficult to update without having to click an drag to select. Is this a known issue?

I have been a very long time user on Mac which works perfectly, so it really stands out on the Windows version.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.3.684
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home, v1803
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:selecting lines of text windows app

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Mindful,

Thank you for reporting this! :+1:

I agree, triple-click to select the whole paragraph of text (or full URL) is very convenient and this behaviour should be consistent across platforms.

We are aware of these downsides of 1Password 7 for Windows and have plans to improve the item editor in the future updates. The thing is that we are building 1Password 7 for Windows from the ground up and there is a ton of things to catch up with. The situation is really different with 1Password 7 for Mac, so it is not really fair to compare the two. :)

Please let me know if you have any other questions about 1Password 7 for Windows, I will be happy to help. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• Hi @Mindful,

This is a bug with the clicking action; it is not supposed to de-select like that. For now, you can work around it by using tabs, it'll keep the field selected for you.

Triple click isn't really implemented by default nor is it standard on Windows (NotePad doesn't support this for an example) but it is something we can look into adding in a future update.

ref: opw/opw#3926
    ref: opw/opw#3925

• Mindful
    Mindful
    Community Member

Thanks for the replies @Greg and @MikeT

Although it may not be implemented by default, triple-click select works in every app I use on Windows, except NotePad and 1Password. :) Tab is very useful so that works for now. Thanks for a great product and look forward to future updates.

Cheers.

• Glad that tab works well for you for the moment, @Mindful. We definitely have a lot of improvements in mind and are looking forward to sharing them with y'all in upcoming updates as well. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.