Mini icon on top toolbar (Mac Book Pro) has stopped responding

lockup
lockup
Community Member
edited June 2019 in Mac

Mini icon on top toolbar (Mac Book Pro) has stopped responding. Normally, after logging in using master password, I go to a website, click on the mini icon and it has the corresponding item ready to click on and auto fill the site password. The mini icon isn't responding when I click on it. Software is up to date: v 7.3

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Mojave
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:xc

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lockup! Welcome to the forum!

Does the same thing happen even after rebooting your MacBook Pro?

• Kobes
    Kobes
    Community Member
    edited June 2019

+1, fully updated, but the mini version, although a great UX improvement, is either really slow, or crashing. I have just let the app send a crash report, but after that still had issues. Using it together with a browser (typically Safari for me) is a hit or miss for me now. A pity, because it is 80% of the usage of 1P obviously.
    It is not often that the shortcut works, after which I resort to the menu button (cause you're never really sure if the short cut gets through, could be Mac OS), but to no avail.
    Rebooting the Mac was not necessary, but completely closing 1P and restarting made it work for a while again, but still slow.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2019

@Kobes - I'm sorry for the trouble. However, "fully updated" doesn't help us as much as actual version numbers do. Can you tell us:

1. What specific version of 1Password for Mac you have installed?
    2. What specific version of macOS you're running?
    3. What specific version of 1Password extension you have installed (and in what specific version of which browser(s))?
    4. What specific steps you've taken (and what's not working as you expect)?
    5. Anything else you think might be relevant to helping us find out what's going on?

Thanks. :)

• Kobes
    Kobes
    Community Member

Hi @Lars, sure!
    1. 7.3 (70300019) Mac App Store version
    2. 10.14.5; no pending system updates
    3. Safari extension 7.3; no more specific information is shown in the Extensions tab (if there is, please let me know how I can find it). I am using primarily Safari 12.1.1. Sometimes Chrome, being an ever green browser pretty much always running the latest.
    4. I try to pull up the 1Password mini interface using cmd+\ most of the time. If that does not respond, I try the button in the browser toolbar. If that does not respond either, I will click the menu bar icon. If that does not help either, I try to right-click the menu-bar icon and choose 'close completely'.
    Last time it crashed, I think I could not get any of the above it to respond, which led me to launch Alfredapp (or spotlight) searching for 1Password to try and open the main window. Then it reported mini had crashed, I believe.

Hope this helps.

• @Kobes

Next time this happens... What may be of help to the development team would be a "sample" of the 1Password process. When one of these instances of unresponsiveness happens please open the Activity Monitor app. You can find it using Spotlight (or, Alfred). Click on 1Password in the list. After selecting the application in the process list, click on the gear icon > Sample Process in the toolbar. Please note: 1Password must be exhibiting the behavior when clicking this button in order for it to gather any helpful information. In Activity Monitor, once the sample is complete, click on the Save button in the top right-hand corner of the Sample window. In addition I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics as well as the sample report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/511351/#Comment_511351
    • Your forum username: Kobes

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your reports in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the reports and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the reports I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• lockup
    lockup
    Community Member

ag_ana -

Mini icon now responds following a restart, thanks. One other thing, the mini-icon used to take me to a list of suggested items to match the website I opened, then all I had to do was click on the item name and the password auto-filled. Now I have to press the Autofill button. No big deal, but the previous facility was really helpful. How do I set the system to do that?

• @lockup

You can either double click on the item in the listing, or press the enter/return key with it selected. :+1:

Ben

• lockup
    lockup
    Community Member

Ben - Thanks...got it.

• @lockup You're very welcome :+1: :)

Ben

• Kobes
    Kobes
    Community Member

@Ben I send a sample process document and have gotten the issue id in return: [#LMK-99624-356]
    Still working on the diagnostics report if that is still needed.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Kobes,

If 1Password has been crashing it is likely that the diagnostic report will include the recent crash reports so if you don't mind it may be helpful to have it available. I know we'd made a number of fixes in 7.3.1 but I believe you're already running it so we still have work to do.

This discussion has been closed.