share links

Options
c_hiller
c_hiller
Community Member

How can i share links to certain passwords for the native apps e.g. for Mac OS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cli

Comments

• arturoaubry
    arturoaubry
    Community Member
    Options

Hey, @c_hiller

There are a couple of ways to share items with someone, but it depends on the kind of account you have. For example, you can share a password if you have a Family subscription. You can also share passwords if you have a Team or Business subscription.

Anyway, wait for a response from a 1Pass team member just to be sure :blush: Have a great Wednesday!

• c_hiller
    c_hiller
    Community Member
    edited June 2019
    Options

Hi, i actually dont want to share the passwords, i would like to have a link that opens the app with the a certain password. Have a great day too.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @c_hiller! At present, macOS doesn't provide us any way to accomplish this in the way that iOS does. We are app-aware (meaning: if you have a certain app in the foreground and you invoke 1Password mini, it will show you any Login and Password items you have for the service associated with that app)...but we're not able to fill directly into apps at this time. That's going to be something Apple will have to enable, and it seems likely we're headed that way...but until such time as it's available, we don't offer that feature.

• c_hiller
    c_hiller
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

i also dont want to have a feature that you described. I would like to have a link e.g. onepassword://goto which will open the password specified by ID. Right now there is only a share functionaliy, that tries to add another password. Since i have so many passwords, i would like to have a simple way that points me to a certain saved password.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @c_hiller

Sorry; I think there was some confusion about what you were looking for based on the usage of the term "share." We were assuming you meant you want to share 1Password data with someone else.

If you just want links that will open items in your own vaults you can try:

onepassword://search/query

replacing query with the UUID of the item. I can't promise that will be available in future versions as it is an unpublished feature but for now you may be able to accomplish what you're looking for.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• c_hiller
    c_hiller
    Community Member
    Options

thanks Ben, thats what i was looking for. One more question. How can i find out about the UUID of the item?

Kind regards

Chris

• Ben
    Options

In 1Password > Preferences > Advanced check the box for Copy UUID. Then select the item you want to grab the ID for and from the menu bar pick Item > Copy UUID. Again I wouldn't suggest strong reliance on this as I can't promise it'll continue to be possible in future versions, but I hope for now it is helpful. :+1:

Ben

• c_hiller
    c_hiller
    Community Member
    Options

thanks again

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.