How does Suggestions Work?

2»

Comments

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member

Thanks for chiming in @paxmundi .

Please keep in mind that most of our users are not as tech savvy as you guys, so when they visit one of the following websites, they need their login to show up even though they are not exactly the same website:

• apple.com
    • support.apple.com
    • appleid.apple.com
    • iforgot.apple.com
    • itunes.apple.com
    • store.apple.com
    • etc

That is why suggestions work like they do. The first suggestions you see should be an exact match to the domain you are visiting, after which it will suggest similar matches that might have a different sub-domain or prefix/suffix. If you mark login items as favorites, they will show up first on the list regardless of exact matches.

I hope you'll find this info useful for now until we get a change to improve things according to the feedback here.
    Thanks again.

• Dear 1Password developers,

I've just bought an annual subscription and migrated to 1Password, and faced with this issue too (it looks more as an issue than as a feature).

As I understood from messages above and from my case this is a common problem for many users. When we are talking about SSO or any federated login 1Password has problems to filter/sort logins.
    I am a developer too and have many logins (incl. for testing purposes) on different sites (subdomains)

• www.my.site.com
    • test.my.site.com
    • qa.my.site.com
    • api.my.site.com
    • etc

And I absolutely confident that I don't wanna to see all the accounts (>50) in a list. I would like to have the ability to split it according to the URL, like it supposed to be.

Instead of arguing about how it must work, I would like to ask you a "feature request".
    Very likely logic described below almost implemented, but Visual splitter will increase UX.

I believe, it shouldn't be hard to implement, and it would be very appreciated by all users.

So, it would be nice if a suggestion list ordering will look like:

• Items which URL fully match (including path), aaa.bbb.ccc.com/path_to/something/
    • Items which URL fully match, but without path component aaa.bbb.ccc.com
    • horizontal line (splitter) as visual separator (if no items above - no splitter here)
    • Items which URL partially match, ranging by subdomain level match ("zzz.bbb.ccc.com" should be upper than "qwe.rrr.ccc.com")

Thank you

• bigfrigginbigfriggin Junior Member

Instead of arguing about how it must work, I would like to ask you a "feature request".

This used to be a feature and it was removed “for the sake of simplicity”. I don’t understand why we still have an advanced tab with JSON and UUID options and a cheesy Jedi robot, but a checkbox that says “enable strict domain matching” is “too much”.

For those still watching this thread I’d like to reiterate the feature request for some type of advanced URL matching. Pretty pretty please.

• ag_yaronag_yaron

Team Member
    edited January 6

Thank you kindly for the feedback and feature request!

We already have such a feature request and this entire discussion is pinned to it so all of your additional information will come in handy to the developers once they get a chance to investigate the matter.

@bigfriggin The JSON and UUID in the advanced preferences are for unique troubleshooting that we must have in order to be able to help some customers. It is not for users but more for us as a last resort of troubleshooting with/for the users :)

Adding an "Enable strict domain matching" checkbox sounds great on the surface, but as we've come to learn from years of experience, a lot of users will turn it on without even understanding what it means, which will cause a lot more problems for them and provide a bad experience. This needs to be thoroughly thought out before being implemented.

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#31

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file