Cannot locate data

I purchased your software and it lost all my data and made me reinstall it and it said I did not have an account when I had already paid the $49.95. The app that i bought to go along with it for iPhone didn't work saying the same thing that I had no account. I had to repurchase it and I got the pro version thinking it would work better but I ended up being charged for both apps! I want my money back for all of this.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, rosie! I'm terribly sorry that you are having some trouble. I can certainly issue you a refund for 1Password for Windows immediately if you wish, but 1Password creates a backup of your data every day. If you would like to restore your data from a backup, you should be able to do so by selecting Backup > Restore 1Password Data from Backup from the menu bar in 1Password.

20120725-jqbkn4ss76xq7a64nx5hq4yhfq.png

Your most recent backup should be listed at the top. Select it and then click the "Open" button.

20120725-bm43u2iah8jd5uf27i4c7c63mk.png

One thing I would like to make clear is that 1Password is not a hosted service. We don't store your data on our servers, so there is no "account" to log into. All of your data is stored on your own computer (and iOS devices if you are syncing with them). When you first install 1Password on your iPhone, you will need to create a new database on your iPhone. Once you have done so, you can set up Dropbox syncing so that your data is always up to date between your 1Password on your Windows PC and 1Password on your iPhone.

Please let me know how it goes and how you would like to proceed. I am more than willing to help you get everything set up properly.
This discussion has been closed.