To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I have 6.8.8 on macOS. I just created a new membership account and cannot migrate data.

mark_salkind
mark_salkind
Community Member

When I login to the new membership account I am not prompted by a dialogue box to copy my data over. Directions to do so if not prompted also don't work: 1) Choose Vault menu > Switch to Vault, and select a vault in your new account. 2) Choose Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1Password 6.8.8 on iMac. I just upgraded to a new membership and can't migrate data.

Comments

• mark_salkind
    mark_salkind
    Community Member

When I click on Vault menu, Switch to Vault isn't a choice. When I click on Help>Tools, Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account is grayed out, so can't be chosen.

• Hi @mark_salkind

Those instructions are for 1Password 7. If you've signed up for a membership I'd recommend installing 1Password 7, and then migrating. :)

Download for Mac

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• mark_salkind
    mark_salkind
    Community Member

I've installed 1Password 7 and successfully migrated my data. How do I get rid of data in the 6.8.8 vault? I didn't do so initially when prompted. How can I do so now?

• mark_salkind
    mark_salkind
    Community Member

I have successfully migrated my data. However, I cannot find a way to delete my previous vault on 6.8.8. I did not do so when initially prompted and now I can't find a way to do so. Hope you can help.

• @mark_salkind

If you still have a "Primary" vault from your previous setup in 1Password 7 you can delete it by following these instructions:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

If you still have the 1Password 6 application in your Applications folder you can drag that to the Trash and then empty the Trash.

Ben

• mark_salkind
    mark_salkind
    Community Member

Yes, but I'm unable to execute those instructions. When I login to 1Password 7 and click on Vault menu, here are my choices: Edit Personal Vault, Exclude From All Vaults, Manage Access to Personal Vault, and (grayed out) Delete Personal Vault. There is no "Switch to Vault > Primary." Do you know why?

Perhaps I've already deleted it and all I need to do is delete the previous 1Password app, as you suggest. But as of right now, I have both 1Password 7 (subscription) and 1Password 6.8.8 loaded on my computer and when I login to 6.8.8, it still has all my logins, suggesting that the Primary Vault hasn't been deleted -- ??

Very much appreciate your help!

• mark_salkind
    mark_salkind
    Community Member

When I'm logged into 1Passsword 7 and I go to Preferences>Vaults, the only two listed are Mark Salkind and underneath that, Personal. Primary (which was my previous Vault in 6.8.8) is not listed.

• @mark_salkind

In that case all you need to do is delete the legacy 1Password 6 app. :)

Ben

• mark_salkind
    mark_salkind
    Community Member

Thanks!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2019

You're very welcome. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

ref: VAS-54129-665

This discussion has been closed.