Enabling 2fa on a website

telUK
telUK
Community Member

Hi

In the 1p app I get notifications to say that a certain site has 2fa so I can set it up within 1password. There is one particular website I use that has 2fa but 1p does not seem to recognise it as having it available, so doesn't give me the option of scanning the QR barcode.

This site can be setup to get codes on an app on a phone so it should work on 1p.

Is there a way of manually setting up 2fa for this website so 1p can store the 2fa codes?

Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@telUK - I'm not sure what you mean. You don't have to use the warnings in Watchtower as the only way to set up (or anything else). In any 1Password item, you can create custom fields which may not be part of the default set of fields for that Category of item. One of these is the One-Time Password field (TOTP, AKA: 2FA). Click that option, then click the little icon that looks like a QR code, and it should bring up the scanner. Are you saying you're not able to do that, on the Login item in question? Or does that work for you?

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member

Hi @Lars

That was it, I forgot about the custom fields when editing a login.

Thanks very much

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@telUK, on behalf of Lars, you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.