Installer appears to hang

Options
dmich217
dmich217
Community Member

I downloaded the installer for my Mac, but it doesn't actually run or display any error messages

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:installer won't run

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmich217 - I'm sorry for the trouble! Can you tell me a little more about the issue? Did you download the full package installer from our downloads page? Or are you referring to an in-app update you were prompted to install by 1Password itself? Maybe the Mac App Store updater? Feel free to attach a screenshot to a reply here, presuming it doesn't contain personally-identifying information.

• dmich217
    dmich217
    Community Member
    Options

I clicked on the Mac installer from the Get the Apps page.
    https://app-updates.agilebits.com/downloads/OPM7
    I get a file in pkg format "1password-7.3.2.pkg" When I double-click it, I get an icon showing it is open, but nothing appears to run. I am running a prior version of 1password and would like to maintain my vault as part of the upgrade.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmich217 - hmmm, that's very strange. Are you able to take a screenshot of this “open, but nothing appears to run” window? You can upload it to a reply to this message. Just make sure not to include any personally-identifying information in the shot.

• dmich217
    dmich217
    Community Member
    Options

The icon bounces for awhile, but then stops moving and there are no other notices or errors.

If I select the password mini at the top of my screen to try and exit the prior version, the laptop locks up and I have to reboot.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmich217 - that sounds like something much larger going wrong on your Mac, and I don't know that it's something we can address. The installer package is not a part of 1Password itself, it's much like the installer packages used by other software you install as well, so if that's not working, I'm not sure what might be the problem. The first thing I'd do if you haven't already is restart your Mac, then try the installer again. Let me know how/if that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.