How to reset 1Password Mini window position?

Options
Rjevski
Rjevski
Community Member

Hello,

The title says it all. Is there a way to reset the 1Password Mini window position (the one triggered when pressing Command+\ or the 1Password button in Safari) to the centre of the screen? It consistently opens on the top left corner without any way of moving it back (it doesn't seem to remember even if I do move it back manually or double-click to center it).

I've switched machines and the problem is still there so it seems like the setting is somehow persisted in my 1Password account. Any way to clear it?

Regards.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7.3.2
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Rjevski!

I have just tested this and 1Password mini remembers the position on my machine after I move it and launch it with the keyboard shortcut. I am also using the same version of 1Password that you are using. May I ask you to try rebooting this machine and see if the issue persists?

• Rjevski
    Rjevski
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana this has been a problem for months now and even persists across a different machine. Is there any chance you can tell me where the position is stored so I can delete it manually and have it reset back to default?

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rjevski: I'm sorry if I am misunderstanding, but unless you literally restored one Mac from the backup of another, I can't see how you'd have the same position across both without doing that manually; this isn't something that syncs as part of your 1Password data. However, do you maybe have some other software that's managing the menu bar or windowing, since that could result in 1Password behaving the the same, and strangely, on two different machines. You can always drag 1Password mini wherever you want on screen, or double click it to "reset" to the default position, but if something else is interfering that may not be able to persist. Disabling the 1Password menu bar icon completely may help, though I'm not sure that will if you've got other software interfering. Worth a try though.

• Rjevski
    Rjevski
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply. I just figured it out. Turns out the 1Password window now always appears under the 1Password button in the Safari toolbar (confirmed by moving my Safari window lower and the 1Password Mini opened lower too) which then saves its position even for when opened via the keyboard shortcut.

Could you consider adding a toggle for this behaviour, so I can disable it and always have 1Password Mini open at the previous position (which I can reset by double-clicking) instead of just below the 1Password Safari toolbar button?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Rjevski: That's expected and working as designed: If you're clicking the 1Password button in the browser or menu bar, it should open from there. That was a (strangely) popular request we had from customers, and we went to some trouble to make that happen, so I don't expect we'll be getting rid of that. If you want to open 1Password mini separate from the browser toolbar or macOS menu bar, you need only press ⌘ ⌥ \.

This discussion has been closed.