How to install 1Password 6

This discussion was created from comments split from: reverting to 1Password6 from 1Password7 on Mac desktop..

Comments

• MacDanny
    MacDanny
    Community Member

OK, I stand corrected. I have a license for v6 and would like to revert back to it. I purchased it from you.

• itln
    itln
    Community Member

Hello, my mac "auto-updated" to 1password7 through the Mac App Store. It gave no warning of needing a paying membership. Please give instructions on how to revert the extensions on firefox, safari and chrome to 1Password6.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@MacDanny - we can't recommend reverting to a retired version of 1Password that's no longer receiving development attention, bug fixes or compatibility updates as any kind of a long-term solution. But if you need or want to reinstall 1Password 6 for Mac, instructions can be found here.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@itln - please see my above link to MacDanny.

• itln
    itln
    Community Member

Hello, You have lost my business. There was no warning that upgrading would essentially disable by ability to properly use the 1password I paid for. I will move to Dashlane as they don't employ these unconscionable business tactics.

• Hi @itln,

I'm sorry to hear that. Upgrades are not included with licenses. They generally require a separate purchase. We do offer a membership service, like Dashlane's, where you pay a monthly fee and then do get all upgrades included. If you prefer that model, it is an option (and is the recommended option) with 1Password.

Ben

• itln
    itln
    Community Member

I didn't want to upgrade to a paid version. I want the version I paid for to work as it previously worked and your team will not allow or support that. There was no warning that this update was upgrading to a paid version. All other updates had been continuing support for the purchased license. This business practice is unscrupulous.

• I'm sorry you feel that way @itln. I hope you're able to find a solution that you're comfortable with and confident in. If there is anything we can help with please let us know.

Ben

• itln
    itln
    Community Member

Id be most comfortable if you offered a refund for my 1password license so I can move on. Ive wasted nearly 6 hours of valuable time to mitigate.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited October 2019

@itln,

I don't have the ability to look up or refund anyone's purchases through requests on this public forum, but if you'd like to discuss that option please feel free to reach out to our team via email at support@1password.com. It looks like you may already have an email thread open, so feel free to reply on that thread.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.